Donna focuses on the treatment of mood and anxiety disorders and has a special interest in treating mothers with postpartum depression and anxiety. Counseling services can be provided to individuals, couples, and families.
Specialized Perinatal Counseling Services include:
- Assessment and treatment for postpartum depression & anxiety
- Complicated or traumatic childbirth experiences
- Grief counseling including miscarriage and the loss of an infant
- Challenges associated with a sick or premature baby
- Adjustment issues to parenthood
- Relationship challenges associated with perinatal stressors
Additional Services include
treatment for men, women, couples, and families regarding:
- Mood and Anxiety Disorders at any stage in the life cycle including menopause
- Infertility Issues
- Stress Management
- Adjustment Disorders
- Grief Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Individual counseling focused on relationship concerns
Psychotherapy provides a safe place for clients to work through issues of loss, depression, anxiety, grief, or interpersonal challenges. Talk therapy in a non-judgmental environment can normalize painful emotions and help clients feel understood and less alone. A safe therapeutic relationship may help clients feel heard, gain clarity, problem solve, develop new coping skills, increase their supports, and offer resources for healing and recovery.
- An initial consultation (that may take up to three sessions) can identify or rule out potential mood or anxiety disorders
- Individual, couples, family or group therapy may be recommended
- Referrals for psychiatric evaluations can be provided
- Resources can be provided
As you take steps to heal yourself, you may feel more grounded and in control of your life.